Monday, January 12, 2009

AMERICA'S TRUE ECONOMIC BOSS BEHIND THE SCENE?

AMERICA'S TRUE ECONOMIC BOSS BEHIND THE SCENE?
As a writer I, Freddie L. Sirmans, Sr. believe an economical force that is pulling some powerful strings on its own is the “Cost of living Bogey man (COLBM)." To further illustrate this economical phenomenon in a fable I will ask a series of questions.

Question: Mr. COLBM, who are you and where did you come from?
Answer: Well sir, the best way to understand who I am can be explained in economical terms. In a true free market place economy I exist as a very weak force with very few people fearing me. And, the reason people wonder where I came from is because when government keeps taxes low and doesn’t hand out free money on an individual basis I am ignored and out of sight.

That is because then I’m too weak to cause much of a stir. However, all of that have changed now, with the aid of my first cousin Ultra-high tax man we pretty much run the show now, no matter what people think.

Question: Mr. COLBM, please tell us how you suddenly seem to have so much power?
Answer: Sir, my power may seem to be sudden but it is not, my power started building way back with the new deal. The liberals discovered that giving out free money and goodies would buy votes and it kept them in power for forty years.

When they started giving out free money on an individual basis that created a direct money link from government to merchant. The direct link from government to merchant was not much of a problem until government grabbed unlimited taxing power. Armed with unlimited power to tax the government raised taxes higher and higher to give more and more people free money to pay merchants.

On the other hand, merchants now had to demanded higher and higher price from everyone to pay higher and higher taxes in order to stay in business. That is what caused this out of control inflationary spiraling that is driving “The cost of living" out of sight. As it is now the higher taxes goes the higher the “Cost of living goes.”

Question: Mr. COLBM, how do you feel about this huge public works project proposal I keep hearing about?
Answer: Whoa! No one has run this by me; I’m the true boss here. Maybe some people are getting the cart before the horse; it may be time for me, Mr. COLBM to flex some muscle. The first questions I must ask them myself, can this project afford me, yes me, Mr. COLBM. If they are thinking about end runs around me or getting this project by me on the cheap, forget it, it’s not going to happen.

I expect my people doing the work to be paid well above minimum wages, and I expect the building material suppliers to be paid COD cash on delivery, IOU’s are out. And they better not forget if they raise taxes, my cost are going to go up, too, like it or not. If they still think they can afford me, Mr. “Cost of living Bogey Man,” go for it, more power to them. However, I suspect they will find sooner or later we must have a showdown, because I, Mr. “Cost of living Bogey Man” am going to git mine first, fool.

PS:Mr. Sirmans offers many solution to the “Cost of living problem throughout his writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment